- UVA rays from the sun can penetrate deep into your skin and damage collagen, which is the protein that holds your skin together in a firm and smooth way.
- UVA breaks down the collagen structure which results in wrinkles.
- Once collagen is damaged, it cannot re-build itself.
- Up to 80% of skin aging is caused by the sun.
- Freckles and sun spots are signs of skin damage and develop as a result of too much sun exposure.
- Freckles and sun spots are frequently found on face, legs and back of hands. Individuals who sunbathe regularly may develop freckles and sun spots all over their skin.